Sunday, April 23, 2023

On The Air: In Touch (1977)

 Every now & again, I will surf the cable on a Sunday morning before leaving for church, and find something to hold my attention.

One of these shows was In Touch, which has aired in the past on cable on USA Network and Ion, if memory serves me, as well as some local channels. Based in Atlanta, In Touch was the television ministry of Dr. Charles Stanley, who gives his congregation at the church and in the television audience the straight scoop, directly from the Bible itself. No theatrics.

In recent years, while Dr. Stanley continued his ministry, other, less prominent pastors hitched their wagons to a certain demagogue, not realizing that they were following a fraud. Regular readers of this blog know of whom I refer.

Earlier this week, Dr. Stanley was called home at 90. The following video was the beginning of a series of teachings. I must assume that he had prepared the remaining parts of this series in advance.


I am also assuming that Dr. Stanley's son, Andy, will take command of the ministry going forward.

No rating out of respect.

No comments: