Friday, November 25, 2022

Musical Interlude: Black Friday (1975)

 If you don't know what today is, kids, Steely Dan'll remind ya.


Black Friday didn't officially become a thing until some years later for shoppers. I went to Northway Mall one year back in the 80's, and because of all the traffic heading across the road to Colonie Center, it took a week for the bus to reach Northway Mall. Ended up seeing "An American Tail" at Cine 1-10 that day. I took a vow that day never to go shopping on Black Friday again.

2 comments:

Jamie Ghione said...

I certainly don't see myself shopping today--at least not early in the morning. It's already 7AM here in CA.
Two weeks ago, I went to get a new TV set that was on sale at Best Buy, If I had waited until today, they would have been all sold out at 4AM.

hobbyfan said...

Can't blame you. The marketing of Black Friday, turning this into a feeding frenzy, has been out of control in recent years.