Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Weasel of the Week: John Doe of Scotland

The above named recipient of this week's Weasel ears is actually an anonymous, but very angry, moviegoer who has taken umbrage over the difference between the trailers for "Suicide Squad" and the final product.

Seems this goof was led to believe Jared Leto would have a beefier part as The Joker than had been presented in the final cut. With all the editing that WB did, including inserting a cameo by the Flash (Ezra Miller) and mixing in Batman (Ben Affleck), one would assume that with the Dark Knight in the picture, the Clown Prince of Crime would have more to do. If WB didn't do so much editing to make the movie seem to critics like a cinematic bowl of Chunky Soup, maybe he has a case.

Give a read, then, to what the sad sap has to say. Taken from www.reddit.com:
============================
Movie Trailers are like food menus, they give you a preview of what your gonna get. If you look at a McDonald's menu and you choose to get your favourite burger, presented/showcased in a nice picture with pickles, chicken, mild cheese(you're favourite, in-fact...that's the only reason you're getting this burger...because you love mild cheese). So you use your hard worked money to pay for this burger, you get the burger, but only to find out that...this isn't the burger you ordered. Yes it has pickles and chicken...but...it doesn't have mild cheese...it has regular cheese.

Suicide Squad trailers showcased several SPECIFIC Joker scenes that I had to pay for the whole movie just so that I can go watch those SPECIFIC SCENES that WB/DC had advertised in their trailers and TV spots. These scenes are: When Joker banged his head on his car window, when Joker says, ''let me show you my toys'', when Joker punchs the roof of his car, when Joker drops a bomb with his face all messed up and says, ''BYE BYE!''. Non of these scenes were in the movie. I drove 300 miles to London to go watch these specific scenes they had explicitly advertised in their TV ads...and they didn't show them to me. Adding to this, they were also 2 specific Katana scenes they advertised that were also the reason I wanted to go watch the movie. These scenes were: Katana's eyes going black, and a slow motion shot of her and her sword taking souls...in a smokey kind of style. These scenes were advertised several times in the 1st trailer and many TV ads...but they didn't show it to me in the movie. I wasted alot of money paying and travelling to go watch this movie because of these specific scenes they had advertised to me and all of us saying, ''hey, check out our preview! this will all be in our movie, come watch it on the 5th!!''. All lies. I told the theatre about this unjust act and said I didn't get what I came here to see...can I have my money back. They laughed at me and kicked me out. So I'm now taking this to court. I want my refund, the trauma of being embarrassed as I was being kicked out and people laughing at me for wanting my refund, and also the 160 pounds of fuel money I used to drive to London from Scotland.
===================================
Let me say this:

BOLLOCKS & BALDERDASH!!!

Does this blighter know anything about film editing, and that a lot of scenes used in trailers often get left on the cutting room floor, sometimes to be restored for special cuts released on DVD? He claims trauma because he didn't get to see scenes promised in the trailer? Lord knows WB has enough to deal with after the critics let loose with their complaints, and that was before the movie opened last week.

I've got bad news for you, dude. Your case will likely be thrown out of court before you get past your opening argument on Thursday. Enjoy the Weasel ears. You're embarrassing the rest of us.

No comments: