Monday, October 13, 2014

Musical Interlude: I'll Never Find Another You (1964)

The Australian folk group, the Seekers, landed a #1 hit in the UK, but peaking at #4 on the Hot 100, with "I'll Never Find Another You", released in December 1964. Country singer Sonny James must've been a fan, because he covered "Another You" and hit #1 on the country chart three years later. James would later cover another Seekers song, "A World of Our Own".



Singer Judith Durham left the group in 1968, but would return for subsequent reunions.

2 comments:

magicdog said...

I LOVE The Seekers!

I've since bought a CD of their greatest hits and I fell in love with "Another You" among their other recordings.

hobbyfan said...

The Seekers got quite a bit of attention back in the day, but you'd be hard pressed to find a lot of their songs on oldies channels today, with the emphasis now more on the 80's & 90's, than on the 60's & 70's.

As for Judith Durham, man, am I sorry I was just a toddler back then.....