Saturday, November 1, 2014

Those good ol' boys are back again! (2014)

The Dukes of Hazzard turned 35 this year. To mark the occasion, the folks at Auto Trader.com got Bo & Luke (John Schneider, Tom Wopat) back together for an ad campaign. The familiar theme song, "Good Ol' Boys", plays in the background, sung by Shooter Jennings, whose father, Waylon, recorded the original version back in 1979, and narrated the original series (1979-85), even making an on-camera appearance or two.



Now, let's see if some genius tries to revive the series for television this time.

2 comments:

magicdog said...

I thought the commercial spots were great!

John Schneider looks the best of them all - he could probably pick up right were DOH left off!

I had thought the narrator sounded a lot like Waylon Jennings, but I knew Jennings has since passed on. I didn't know that was his son! He does quite well as the new "Balladeer".

Too bad "Daisy", "Coy" & "Vance" didn't make an appearance.

I wonder if there will ever be a reunion with surviving cast members in TV movie form?

hobbyfan said...

Wopat hasn't aged all that much either. There was a passing reference to Daisy, but I guess they couldn't get Catherine Bach to appear.

At least I was able to get the complete set in one package.