Monday, December 7, 2015

Rockin' Funnies: Fish Heads (1979-81)

Imagine if Will Robinson had been in a recording studio with Alvin & the Chipmunks.

Actually, Bill Mumy (ex-Lost In Space) and his musical partner, Robert Haimer, formed the comedy duo Barnes & Barnes in the early 70's, and it took them to the end of the decade before releasing an album. It took two more years before the novelty track, "Fish Heads", was released as a single. I don't think you can go a whole episode of Dr. Demento's weekly radio show without hearing "Fish Heads", and it's been a long while since I listened to the show.

Anyway, actor Bill Paxton directed the video, and has a role. See if you can find him. The chorus is sung, Chipmunk-style, as Mumy & Haimer's voices were sped up. Saves money having to contact Ross Bagdasarian, Jr., and.....!



Mumy's put out some more serious albums since. Haimer? Don't know what happened to that guy......

2 comments:

SaturdayMorningFan said...

Wow, I didn't know Dr. Demento was still on the air!

hobbyfan said...

I think he might be. As I said, it's been a while since I tuned in.