Friday, September 28, 2018

Remember the Circle Line?

Founded in 1961, the Circle Line cruise line's commercial had heavy airplay on virtually every commercial television station in New York during the 70's. Can't say for sure when this ad premiered, but the YouTube account that posted it first saw it in 1978. I honestly think it goes further back than that, like, maybe 1973-4.



There's a lot of classic ads that aired on the then-independent channels in New York back in the day surfacing on YouTube, and maybe also Dailymotion. The problem with the Circle Line is that the sales pitch is SO dullsville.

2 comments:

magicdog said...

Boy does this ad take me back!!

Growing up in NYC metropolitan area, I saw this ad regularly. In fact, I remember seeing this one up to the very early 80s. Probably 1982.

I've been on a similar ride and they're always worth the trip! It's fun to see NY via the river!

hobbyfan said...

I was on a Dutch Apple Cruise in Albany a few years ago, in the daytime (company outing), and while that was fun, to do this today would likely be tres expensive.