Thursday, January 17, 2019

Musical Interlude: When You're in Love With a Beautiful Woman (1979)

I know Valentine's Day is four weeks away as I write this, but I just felt I needed to post this one.

Dr. Hook hit #6 on the Hot 100 and #5 on the Adult Contemporary chart in 1979 with the bouncy "When You're in Love With a Beautiful Woman". I remember hearing this for the first time on my transistor radio when I picked up a feed from a Catskill (!) AM station.



Backing vocalist-percussionist Ray Sawyer passed away a couple of weeks back, and we are all poorer for the loss.

2 comments:

Hal said...

Always liked these goofy guys. I think I'll vote for "Baby Makes her Blue Jeans Talk" as their best music video, simply because of how outrageous it is to modern eyes. RIP Mr. Sawyer.

hobbyfan said...

Haven't seen that one, but we'll get there. "Beautiful Woman" is what turned me on to them, though.