Monday, January 20, 2020

Celebrity Rock: Simon Says (1963)

I'm not exactly sure where this vintage clip comes from, but if anyone knows, please fill in the blank.

Anyway, we have Julie Newmar, a year before My Living Doll, and well before being cast as Catwoman on Batman, performing "Simon Says". Like her TV successor as the feline fury, Eartha Kitt, Julie was also a hot attraction on Broadway when she got on the radar of television producers.

I'm thinking this might be from The Ed Sullivan Show, but there's no way to identify if that's the case......



Purr-fect, wouldn't you say?

Update, 1/21: Correspondent Mike Doran informs me this is from the Danny Kaye Show.

2 comments:

Mike Doran said...

Television Variety Shows, by David M. Inman, informs me thusly:

This clip is from The Danny Kaye Show, airing December 11, 1963.
No idea if the rest of the episode is available.
(If it is, I'd sure like to see it …)

hobbyfan said...

Thank you as always, Mike.