Thursday, January 5, 2017

Different, Yet The Same Week: The I've Got a Secret/To Tell The Truth switcheroo (1965)

I misspoke when I said we'd see the panel of To Tell The Truth on I've Got a Secret. The way CBS structured their schedule in the winter of 1965, Truth aired first, followed by Secret, not the other way around as I had seemed to imply.

That said, let's take a look at To Tell The Truth with Henry Morgan, Bess Myerson, Bill Cullen, and Betsy Palmer.



If you're keeping score at home, Bess was a perfect 3-for-3, and Bill, who seemed to have it all figured out a week earlier, as we showed last time, was 0-for-3.

Ehh, let's just jump to I've Got a Secret, with special guest Alan King.



Ok, so the triplets even fooled Steve Allen. The three Helen Luths was also a nod to the Truth panel's normal environment. Playing Secret isn't quite as easy as it looked, was it? Of course not.

Ratings for these episodes:

To Tell The Truth: A.
I've Got a Secret: B+.

No comments: