Tuesday, November 29, 2022

A Classic Reborn (?): Mitch Miller's Singalong Sampler (1981)

 Marking the 20th anniversary of Sing Along With Mitch, Mitch Miller returned to NBC in 1981 for what was a 1-shot special, Mitch Miller's Singalong Sampler. Bob McGrath, who was part of Miller's chorale in the 1961-4 series, returned from Sesame Street, and brought Big Bird with him for a cameo. Also on the program were Rosemary Clooney and Irene Cara.


I didn't even know about this show until today. I know my folks didn't watch it, as they weren't interested.

No rating.

2 comments:

Mike Doran said...

I watched this show when it first aired in '81, along with my one-year-older brother.
What stunned both of us was how many of the chorus men we recognized from the original show from twenty years before.
A number of those old Sing Along shows can be found at YouTube: if you get the chance, compare the episodes and see for yourself.

hobbyfan said...

I've already located a Christmas episode from the 1st season. That'll be up soon. This was, in fact, as much a reunion special as anything.