Monday, August 7, 2023

Here we go again: Now, conservatives are whining about Harry's razors because they partnered with a transgender male. Last year

 Conservatives, if confronted, don't know what "woke" really means. To them, it's a buzzword for anything that they don't like culturally.

After a boycott against Anheuser-Busch, makers of Bud Light, two months ago, right wing whiners are now targeting Harry's, an independent brand of shaving products that launched 11 years ago, and has advertised on radio, more than television, in this writer's view.

This ad will help you get acquainted with Harry's.


See, last year, Harry's entered into a deal with transgender male Luke Pearson, not too dissimilar from the deal Bud Light cut with transgender female Dylan Mulvaney earlier this year. The difference? Harry's is a smaller company looking to grow its brand any way they can. Why it took so long for right wing crybabies to launch a boycott? Jealousy.

Bent-over Shapiro co-founded a rival company, Jeremy's, targeted at conservative users, but it's not as readily available as Harry's or more well known brands like Schick or Gillette, all of which are available at Walmart. In case you wonder about another recent addition, the Dollar Shave Club, it's marketed by Unilever. Edgewell, the parent company of Schick, attempted to buy Harry's four years ago, but withdrew their offer two years later.

Anyway, Shapiro and other like minded morons are now targeting Harry's. It's what bullies do. When Harry's sees increases in sales of their product, they should thank Shapiro and his friends for making it all possible, while Jeremy's goes the way of the Edsel, if you will.

2 comments:

Mike Doran said...

Full Disclosure:

I am seventy-two years old (73 at the end of September), a registered Democrat in the State of Illinois (I have to be so I can vote in primaries), very disaffected by political extremes in all directions.
I learned at an early age that boycotts are the least effective way of protesting anything; they invariably backfire on the boycotters.
To the point of this post: at my age, I usually don't shave every day (when you don't have anywhere to go every day, why bother?).
A few years back, I started using Harry's razor and blades, because they give me the cleanest and closest shaves I've ever gotten; I buy the blades at Target, and I am a satisfied customer - and whoever Harry's engages as a spokesperson makes no nevermind whatsoever.
I call this mindset of mine common sense (you may substitute whatever phrase of your choice).

I seem to have run out of gas here; I'll be back when something new(?) comes up ...

hobbyfan said...

What you and I have in common sense is something conservatives gave up, perhaps willingly, to chase fictional culture wars. If I want to try Harry's, I know where to go (Walmart, for starters). Your endorsement helps.