Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Musical Interlude: Guilty of the Crime (2009)

The Bellamy Brothers have been recording for nearly 50 years, and it's been going on 40 since their first major hit, "Let Your Love Flow", hit #1 not on the country chart, but on the Hot 100. Go figure that one out. Howard & David Bellamy have been known mostly as a country act since then.

In 2009, they released a greatest hits compilation that included this next entry, "Guilty of the Crime", a throwback to the glory days of the 70's & 80's. In doing a search on "Guilty", I discovered that the Eagles had also recorded the song. Now, if this version has an Eagles vibe to it, it's only because another set of brothers---the Bacon Brothers---join the Bellamys for this track. Mix in Shannen Doherty (ex-Charmed, Scare Tactics, Beverly Hills 90210), and, well.........



I'd known Kevin Bacon (ex-The Following) had been moonlighting as a musician in recent years, but this is really the first time I've heard him sing. You try telling me he's Golden Throat material.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I simply cannot stop listening to this song, ever since I heard it, I just keep hitting replay. Love it, love it, love it!

hobbyfan said...

That's what we like, satisfied customers. Thank you for writing.