Thursday, May 3, 2012

Musical Interlude: Hero (2002)

Sony decided to reboot the "Spider-Man" movie series, with "The Amazing Spider-Man" opening in July and starring Andrew Garfield. To be honest, I don't get the corporate fixation with fixing something that ain't broken, but that's a story for another time.

So, then, let's go back to 2002. The soundtrack to Sam Raimi's 1st "Spider-Man" film featured "Hero", a duet of a sort between Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger and his Saliva counterpart, Josey Scott, who would later take a risk by nerdifying himself in the video for "Ladies & Gentlemen". If you don't believe me, check out the video, and tell me. I digress.

What I don't get is how so many people on YouTube mislabel "Hero" as a Nickelback song, when it is clearly billed as "Chad Kroeger featuring Josey Scott". Big difference, effendis! Then again, considering Nickelback has had a larger body of work in the 10 years since..........!

No comments: