Thursday, March 5, 2015

Classic TV: Victory at Sea (1952)

My late father was a war buff. I guess it made sense, considering he served in the Navy in World War II, and he had an interest in a lot of war movies.

In 1952, NBC launched a Sunday afternoon series, Victory at Sea, which chronicled over 26 weeks the Allied effort on the seas in WWII. Leonard Graves narrated.



Yes, folks, it was a finite series, not meant to be renewed, but it did resurface years later, airing on some PBS stations, which is how I came across it.

Rating: B.

2 comments:

magicdog said...

I had heard of this series and if I had my way, it's be shown in every history class in the US!

It's scary when I see college kids interviewed about WW2; they think we went to war with France!

hobbyfan said...

Are you serious? Are today's kids that ignorant?

Maybe we should revive "It Pays to be Ignorant". Uh, wait a minute....