Thursday, January 5, 2017

Different, Yet The Same Week: The I've Got a Secret/To Tell The Truth switcheroo (1965)

I misspoke when I said we'd see the panel of To Tell The Truth on I've Got a Secret. The way CBS structured their schedule in the winter of 1965, Truth aired first, followed by Secret, not the other way around as I had seemed to imply.

That said, let's take a look at To Tell The Truth with Henry Morgan, Bess Myerson, Bill Cullen, and Betsy Palmer.



If you're keeping score at home, Bess was a perfect 3-for-3, and Bill, who seemed to have it all figured out a week earlier, as we showed last time, was 0-for-3.

Ehh, let's just jump to I've Got a Secret, with special guest Alan King.



Ok, so the triplets even fooled Steve Allen. The three Helen Luths was also a nod to the Truth panel's normal environment. Playing Secret isn't quite as easy as it looked, was it? Of course not.

Ratings for these episodes:

To Tell The Truth: A.
I've Got a Secret: B+.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

There is shocking news in the sports betting world.

It's been said that every bettor needs to look at this,

Watch this now or quit placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.