Thursday, April 16, 2020

Dunce Cap Award: Kellyanne Conway

"You can't fix stupid."---Ron White.

"Stupid is as stupid does."--Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks), 1994.

There's a reason Kellyanne Conway works for President Trump, and it has nothing to do with anything resembling intelligence. Given that her husband George, a lawyer, is one of the President's staunchest critics, you would think she'd actually get a clue, and abandon ship. The Good Ship Trump, that is.

But, nope. She's just as clueless about COVID-19 as Trump is, if not worse.

Mrs. Conway was on Trump's favorite show, Fox & Friends, this morning, and demonstrated that, with apologies to Don Henley, this bubbleheaded blonde doesn't have to come on at 5 pm.

The Ring of Fire has a YouTube channel, and offered some analysis after Kellyanne's latest gaffe:



Kellyanne gets the Dunce Cap this week, for obvious reasons. Like, I'll come right out and say that COVID-19 will never be confused with Product 19 cereal or the Rolling Stones' "19th Nervous Breakdown", but this should be Mrs. Conway's theme song:

4 comments:

magicdog said...

I was never a fan nor apologist of Conway's but this is pretty minor to pick on. Especially considering my thoughts on this "pandemic".

I have heard from another commentator who thinks SHE may be the anonymous leak the WH has had to deal with. The odd position on a couch in the Oval Office was another gaffe best left in the past. I thought that Trump should have benched her a while ago but maybe Trump prefers to keep his political enemies closer. I STILL can fathom why he hired Omarosa either! I have heard nothing but bad things about her since her appearance on The Apprentice.

hobbyfan said...

Well, Omarosa didn't last long, anyway.

If Mrs. Conway knew anything about sentence structure, I don't think she screws up as badly as she did.

Silverstar said...

"This is Covid-19, people, not Covid-1." Yes, she really said that. I've been wondering if this country was just being punked these past 3 years, but after hearing that I'm almost convinced that this whole thing is elaborate prank and Conway is just playing a character. Does she also think that Preparation H is called that because something went wrong with Preparations A through G?

I kid and I snark but seriously, we should cut Kellyanne some slack; I think she's just bitter because Dorothy dropped a house on her sister. Bah-zing!

hobbyfan said...

I wonder how she defends her boss at home when her husband repeatedly shreds the worst Republican EVER!