Saturday, March 11, 2023

Proof that not every Christian drinks the MAGA Kool-aid

 Oh, this is just too rich.

A Christian group, Faithful America, is calling for Colorado Misrepresentative Lauren Boebert to resign AND repent recent remarks directed at President Biden. Now, we know that the Mile High Airhead won't resign, but what we're learning is that not every Christian is pro-MAGA, pro-GOP.

Farron Cousins explains what's happening:


I honestly think it doesn't stop there. Where is the Catholic League to ask the same of Boebert on behalf of the President, a practicing Catholic? What about the Anti-Defamation League? Farron may be right about the fact that Boebert gets to speak at churches and at least act like she understands the Bible, but really doesn't. It's all for show with her. However, considering that she barely was re-elected 4 months ago, her chances of a 3rd term could go up in flames if these groups ramp up the pressure over the next 20 months.

4 comments:

JAB128 said...

I am a Christian, and I am proud to say I am also not MAGA and GOP (I am not a liberal, either. I don't believe in the system. I am an anarchist).

hobbyfan said...

Salute, brother.

Mike Doran said...

Belatedly:
There's something you ought to know about the so-called "Catholic League".
(Assuming we're talking about the same group here; correction welcomed if needed.)
If this is Bill Donohue's bunch, we're talking about a right-wing propanda organization that passes judgments against any Catholic politicians who happen to have "Ds" after their names.
This would include Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, the Massachusetts Kennedys, and any other Catholic liberal you could name, going back as far as I can remember (I'm 72, and I remember a lot ...).
I haven't seen Donohue on TV in some years (or his avatar Pat Buchanan, comes to that), but I can assure you that he'd be as anti-Biden as any of the Usual Suspects around here.
Mind you, I don't miss Donohue's grating bleat at all (also his anti-semitism, misogyny, and general sociopathy, but that's another story).
Anyway, I'm mentioning all this here for the record; you may all draw your own conclusions.

hobbyfan said...

Donohue's been up in arms about shows like South Park that poke fun at religion, but then, to learn that he's a right wing wackadoo? TIL.